3.14. Sodor Core¶
Sodor is a collection of 5 simple RV32MI cores designed for educational purpose. The Sodor core is wrapped in an tile during generation so it can be used as a component within the Rocket Chip SoC generator. The cores contain a small scratchpad memory to which the program are loaded through a TileLink slave port, and the cores DO NOT support external memory.
The five available cores and their corresponding generator configuration are:
- 1-stage (essentially an ISA simulator) -
- 2-stage (demonstrates pipelining in Chisel) -
- 3-stage (uses sequential memory; supports both Harvard (
Sodor3StageConfig) and Princeton (
- 5-stage (can toggle between fully bypassed or fully interlocked) -
- “bus”-based micro-coded implementation -
For more information, please refer to the GitHub repository.